Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Peaches and Snow

Thank you! Thank you! To Fred, Jason, and Jim for letting me borrow their very sweet wives last night to can the peaches off of our last peach tree. They worked tirelessly and gave me some good instructions on how to do the daunting canning task. I can not say that now I am a pro. But I feel like I could tackle the project again next fall without too much hesitation.
I'm glad we got the harvest in before the snow fell, (which it did last night) I love living in Idaho I only just removed my window A/C unit on Wednesday! My kids are tickled pink and turning pink outside in the snow. See all of their snow clothes are still at our other house. They didn't seem that important to move in July. SO my boys bundled up as best they could and ventured out. I had better go make them some hot chocolate. Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Canning seems to give me a boost of energy like "I can do it" boost's. And the snow is so cool! Just because living here in Tacoma we get the cold but usually no Snow. And I love watch the snow flakes coming down.

Julie said...

My prediction is if you garden in all of the space available for a garden and utilize your orchard you will begin canning the first of August and end in October. Homemade food storage rocks.