Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Jon was bucked off

HERE IS MY WEEKLY LETTER TO MY MISSIONARY BROTHER

Dallan, and all other weirdo’s I love.
Well this week has been another plugger. Tuesday was picture day at the school. I was dreading this day because of Erica’s unsightly haircut, but a few days prior I realized that the frequent recent visits of the tooth fairy to Stiles pillow might be more cause for alarm. In the end Erica dolled up really nice and Stiles notified us that He took off his tie in Class and “forgot” to put it back on for his pictures. I’m sure it will all be okay, retakes are next month anyway, and then his jack-o-lantern smile will be mostly grown back in. I have posted the cutest picture of my little daughter on my blog page if you haven’t gone looking for it you should. It is at /jonandmonicawoodin.blogspot.com/ Look under the mullet to a million bucks heading.
Anyway also on Tuesday Jon when riding our new horse Sis. Well she hasn’t been ridden in 2 years and the time she was rode they rode her up hunting and worked her so hard they almost killed her. So Long story short she Bucked Jon off. He landed on the saddle horn twice and has many black and blue places where the sun don’t shine. He is a trooper and got right back on. But hasn’t let the kids near her. I’ve ridden her twice in the yard and she had been totally fine with me.
On Friday night there was a tack and saddle auction here in Pocatello. We hired Lisa to come baby sit the kids and Jon and I went. We came home with quite the load of items. For well below their retail price. Most saddles sold for $200.00 and retailed on average @ $2000.00. We had a fun night. Now Jon has a saddle big enough for him, I have one that fits me, and we have a saddle for Santa to bring for the kids. We only have one horse. But Jon is always shopping.
The primary program is coming up on the 9th of November. The kids are “excited“. Stiles is condemning Erica and Marcus for not singing, Erica cries any time they ask her to say her part into the microphone and Marcus somehow was overlooked and does not have a part in the script. I am grateful that I am not in charge of the primary program.
At church today they asked us if our family would clean the church house this week. We agreed but cautioned the brother that asked us, and told him that our children would probably do more damage than good. But in the end it will be a good learning experience for them and it will help them understand that they need to help take care of Heavenly Fathers house. -Maybe we will find a baby sitter.
Hunter is quite the menace. He is giving Stiles a run for his destruction title. Jon’s glasses have been the most expensive items in his path- Twice now. The first time the doctors office replaced them free of charge. Then Jon took them off and placed them on my kitchen counter. After chewing Jon out and telling him that the kitchen counter was not a safe place for his glasses I placed them on his desk in his office. With in two hours Hunter had found them and ripped off the ear piece. So my safe place was not so safe. Two days later Hunter started pulling files out of the filing cabinet and depositing them on the floor. -Jon has since fixed the latch to the door of his office so that the door will close tight and securely. Funny how thing like that are never important until AFTER damage is done.
It is getting cold, and oil furnace in the basement is being monitored daily trying to figure out if she should be traded in for a new younger model which would run on electricity instead of pricy oil. Our last quote would cost us about $2,000.00 this winter just in oil. WE shall see. We are toying with the idea of putting in a windmill to generate electricity. They are pretty expensive to begin with but they are suppose to pay them self’s off in 5-6 yrs. There are lots of thing to be done. Just not sure which to tackle first.
You look real nice and handsome in the pictures you sent. You almost look grown up, but I know that you really are not. Somewhere is my little brother who giggles when you call him Dally-wally-doddle-all-the-day. We love you and pray for you always. Thank you for being such a good example to me and my children. WE are all blessed by your service. Keep up the good work and you know you are required to write me my own letter for Christmas!?!

Love Monica and her Motley Crew.

No comments: