Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Saturday, August 1, 2009

labor and delivery

Pregnancy update

WE tried to have a baby in July so that mom would not have an additional august birthday to complain about but thank goodness for modern medicine we are still pregnant. I started having hard regular contractions about 2pm yesterday and I made Jon take me to the hospital when I timed them at 7 minutes apart. By the time we were all hooked up to monitors and the like my contractions were coming every 4 to 5 minutes and were fairly strong. I wasn’t dilating though so after the resident doctor tested my pee and stuff and talked to my regular doctor the orders were to try and stop my labor and keep me pregnant for a few more days. So they gave me a shot- can’t remember what it was called but they had to give me three doses to quite down my over anxious uterus. The medicine they gave me makes the heart rate go way high and makes you really shaky. They compare it to having an anxiety attack. When I got home Stiles was asking me why I was shaking so bad. I must have been shaking more than I thought. Anyway my Doctor upped my dose of the medicine I have been taking since last Saturday, and it seems to be keeping the contractions way down which is fine with me. My Mom is here helping me and my neighbors and the Relief Society are beside themselves trying to find things to do to help me, they are bringing me meals, taking my kids, cleaning the floors, and even pulling weeds in my garden. We feel truly blessed to have this opportunity to let others serve us. We are so grateful for the skilled doctor and nurses and their knowledge of medicines. In the mean time I have to have tease my Sister Crystal, who is due this next weekend with her baby, that the race is on. And I truly hope she wins!

Thank you for your love and concern and prayers.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I just love you! Calm that uterus of yours down would ya? No really, take it easy. Now watch everything calm down and baby wait till his due date. Wouldn't THAT be funny!

Cindy said...

Take it Easy WonderWoman!