Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Sunday, August 23, 2009

JOB SECURITY

Dalley Walley Doodle all the Day! Aug 23 2009

Well this letter will be more than two lines. I have not managed to have my baby this week but I got a large amount of things done. I made my dear baby a baby quilt. And it is cute. We held birthday festivities for Erica and Jon. I cleaned a few thing to have all my work undone faster than a lightning strike. And I mowed one of the yards, and would have mowed more but the belt on the mower came off, and it hurts too much to get down that low to fix it. Stiles, Marcus and Hunter all got a buzz haircut, and Erica’s eyes were found again. I also canned cucumbers or pickled cucumbers if that is how you say the term the right way and we picked peaches and nectarines from the orchard and I made freezer jam from the nectarines. We have just been eating the peaches. The corn is ready and the zucchini is big enough to make boats out of and I have been giving both away as fast as I can find people with unlocked doors.
On Thursday the school had an open house type of activity where you take your kids and find their classrooms and drop off their school supplies and so forth. Well you can bet that it is a mad house and a zoo to boot. And I have got all 5 of my darling children with me and I am doing my best to not lose them but still managed to lose Hunter and Marcus in the craziness. Anyway at one point we were kind of off to the side of a quieter hallway and 3 of the ladies who are on the janitorial staff came by and the one pointed to Hunter and turned to the other two and said “Now see that ladies, that there is job security.” I wonder if she somehow could see straight into my house and see all of the things that Hunter has managed to mess up. But at any rate she definitely had a moment of insight into my dear little guy.
William got a hold of a tube of Crest Kids Sparkle toothpaste. You know the stuff that is kind of an electric blue color and taste like bubble gum. Well now I am not worried about him ingesting the stuff, he is too smart for that but the lid wasn’t on and he held it while crawling around the house. And every time he moved his hand forward with the tube of toothpaste he would then shift his weight onto that hand as he brought the rest of his body up to speed and in the process would squeeze out a pretty good smearing of the electric blue goo. Most of the mess ended up on the used to be a white/cream colored carpet in Erica and Hunters room but with all of the other things that have been added to the carpet such as ink, orange popsicle, soy sauce, Blood, chocolate, Strawberries, pizza, you name it is probably smeared into what is now a rainbow colored carpet. The blue toothpaste has just added to the theme and completed the look! Oh my muses! What would I do with out them.
School starts tomorrow. HOORAY! Stiles and Marcus will be boarding that dearly beloved Yellow school bus at 7:24 am and I am so excited to see them go! Erica will not go until Wednesday. She is bummed that she has to wait a few more days but She is not a morning person and I am sure that in about a month bouncing her out of bed is and getting her on the bus will be a challenge at best.
I will see my doctor on Monday and last time I saw him he said that if I didn’t have the baby by this Monday then we could schedule and induction. I am pretty sure that Jon and I are going to take him up on his offer and evict the current tenet of the baby house. So some time this week you will be made an Uncle again. I still hope Cody beats me but I’m not waiting around for her anymore. My next letter will more than likely give you a statistical report as to the name and numbers that are part of the Woodin Nickel household.
In the mean time Work hard. And know that we are praying for you always and that we are grateful to share you with the people in Mexico. We look forward to having you back and we wonder if your Ewok will have a Spanish accent, and I was wondering what language exactly will you be bearing your testimony in when you report on your mission in sacrament meeting? HA HA!

Love Monica her Parasite infested belly and the rest of the mess makers at the Woodin nickel. Yes Jon is one of those mess makers as well!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

It sounds like you have a Full life! I love reading your blog and all the little things that make your Family!