Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Sunday, August 16, 2009

3 down, 3 to go

Dallan,, and all you other peoples Aug 16th 2009

Today I am officially 3 weeks from my due date. So now I can have the baby any time with out any extra worries. (besides the one that it will come out a monkey). So I got up and got myself and the kids dressed and went to church. Everyone was so concerned that I was up and about and wasn’t I suppose to be in bed? I explained that for the last three weeks my goal was to keep the baby in and now my goal for the next three weeks would be to get the baby out! Many of my ward members acted like I should have one of the doctors in our ward following me about so as to able to catch the little guy. I think that as my luck runs we will now experience the longest 3 weeks of my life as we count down to labor day. Jon is still hoping for Thursday so as to have Two children born on his birthday. Since Kellen has got one on his birthday, Jon is hoping to up the stakes. Mom hopes to spend this week at home and would like me to wait until next week and not the week after because then she would be at Powell and no help to me. I am okay with any minute and if I have to wait for 3 more weeks I wouldn’t mind waiting 3 more days after that so that my baby’s birthday would be 09/09/09. I just hope that by the time this guy shows up Jon and I might be able to come up with a name.
This week has been quiet. Crystal had her little Mason on Kellens birthday and in so doing stole my maid. Jons Mom was available to help and she took the kids to her house for the day for Wed Thurs and Friday. The Bannock county fair was going on this week and so She hauled the kids up to the fair everyday and let the activities there burn up their energy. When I got them back home at night they were generally tired and ready to go to bed! So I spent most of my days with me feet up doing nothing ! Which was my assignment.
Many things in my garden are ready. Tomatoes are turning red and the Pumpkins are getting as big as your head. The Zucchini are out of control and it is time to lock your doors at church! The Corn will start being ready the end of the week and I need to pick the nectarines off of the trees tomorrow. Some of my peaches are ready too. We planted some giant sunflowers this year. Stiles’s plant is the first one to bloom and it is neat to see such a HUGE flower come from those small seeds. The other ones we planted are just starting to bloom. I have always wanted to grow giant sunflowers and I am sure to make it part of my garden every year. They are such a cool thing to grow.
On Friday night Jon on a whim decided to set up the tent and sleep outside in the yard with the kids. Jon’s Dad, Fred, came over and camped out with the kids, as well. Jon bellyached the next day about being stiff and sore and I told him it was his own fault for not even taking the time to blowup the air mattress. I’m sure that if he decided to sleep on the rocky sloped mountainside in pursuit of an elk, that he would not complain about aches and pains nearly so much. He is getting old his birthday is this week.
I am sorry that this letter is not very entertaining. Since my kids were not here to be my muse for most of the week I am kind of out of good writing material. Maybe next week I’ll have a good story. Or maybe I will be in bed with a new baby and too tired to write much more that two lines. You can hope for a good long story, I am hoping for the two line bit.

Love Monica and her “crazy monkeys” AHHHHHHHHH (how do you say that in Spanish?)

No comments: