Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Sunday, August 9, 2009

"an eviction notice can and will be given"

The tenants will soon be evicted . So yes Dallan, the rent is due on three different baby houses and the landlords are threatening their tenants with eviction. No word yet as to who will be moving first into a bigger housing situation but the cribs are in the ready and the clothes have been dug out from underneath the stairs. Crystal is hoping that the eviction notice on her property will be delivered today and then she won’t have to worry about getting Kellan a birthday present today. But she should be aware that Idaho Law states that you have to give a 3 day eviction notice, when connected to non payment of rent moneys. Same day Eviction Notices can only be given when the tenants break the Law or YOUR water breaks. I am not up to snuff on Florida rental agreements. But my contract lets my tenants pay way late in the month but are charged a LARGE fee, such as the one(s) I am expecting from the hospital, before an eviction notice can be given. So there you have had an update on the real estate ventures of your soon to been nephews and niece.

In other news William is adding a new skill to his resume it not only lists him as a relocation engineer but he is a toilet water sanitation evaluation manager, (AKA likes to play in the toilet) And he is honing his skills as to being a Hygienic Bathroom tissue preparer. (AKA likes to spin the TP on the roll until it has all unwound itself into a big pile on the floor.) this Skill is usually followed with the Bachelors degree in Hygienic Bathroom tissue measurements assistant. (AKA grab one end of the roll and start running through the house and see how far you can get before A) the paper breaks, B) the roll runs out, c) Mommy catches you) A parallel degree that he has considered and done some training is in Facial Tissue Accounting and Control. (AKA pull every Kleenex out of the freshly opened package to make sure there are indeed 250 tissues in a box.) There has been some extra curricular study in Crying for no apparent reason ( a political career that I am advising against.) and throwing things on the ground to see if somebody will pick them up. (a bit more scientific research type of job, usually used when they study rats and monkeys and sometimes a dog named Pavlov.) All in all we are proud of his accomplishment and are glad to add them to his resume. When he becomes a true Sanitation engineer, and can pee into the toilet and only hit the water, then we will hold a celebratory graduation party for the little guy. (We are still waiting to hold that party for my two oldest boys.)

Erica is counting down the days to her birthday party. She wants a pink cake. And informs me that her Dad wants a blue one because he is a boy. Her list of items she would like for the occasion is fairly endless and quite girly. Dress-ups, A Barbie, Doll clothes, and a Pony. When she told Jon that she wanted a Pony for her birthday I could see the wheels in his head spinning on how to acquire a birthday pony for his princess daughter, complete with a saddle and riding boots. When I pointed out that she was asking for a toy pony and not one she could actually ride around the Woodin nickel you could see his big ideas deflate out of his head and Erica giggled that of Course she just wanted a toy “Not a REAL pony that Poops!” Cleaning out the barn has given my children new vision.

Marcus’s nose has turned many colors and none of them have been too pretty. In the mean time his nose has been bumped a few times this week and caused a considerable amount of pain. Once Stiles and he were playing a game outside and Stiles threw a blanket over Marcus head so that he couldn’t see and then Marcus ran into a tree! (My children are BRILLIANT!) But Marcus has had other ailments this week. The same day he ran into a tree he was bit on the ear by a black and yellow flying insect (I’m guessing a wasp) I don’t know for sure who the attacker was, I did not see the attack. However I did not doubt that injustice had been done as I could see that his ear was very red and irritated. So as to not have a son with a swollen nose and cauliflower ear I administered some benadryll to prevent any swelling and then enjoyed that He slept the rest of the day and could not be in harms way again. Or come inside crying because he was hurt…again.

Hunter continues to try and control me. He refuses to let Mom change his diaper or help him get dressed. When she has tried it sounds as if they are in some sort of an epic fist fight what with howling and screaming and such, Hunter almost drowns out Moms cries. (HEE HEE). So since I am not suppose to lift anything it had become his responsibility to climb up on the changing table and lay down. When offending odors are permeating the air around him and I ask if he needs a diaper change and tell him to go get on the table he will tease and run away. Then Mom will ask if she can help change his diaper and he immediately comes and gets my hand and walks me to the table so as to have his mom pamper his butt. Grandmas can be scary I guess. And I don’t think Mom minds me changing the guy. After all she is doing everything else around the house for me.


Stiles is anxious for School to start and I can not wait for that yellow bus to come and get him. He is being a real sport letting grandma have his room and being asked to take on and accomplish more things than normal but he needs a bit more structure to his everyday than I can provide right now. There is much crying and gnashing of teeth. I think I am counting down the minutes to the first day of school while he is only counting down the hours.

Jon is such a sweetheart. He does not know weather he should be inside the house helping me, or outside the house doing all of the yard work I usually do, or just away from the house totally and working and doing his jobs. I can’t tell him what the best answer is so in the end by the end of the day he is pretty stressed out. I don’t know if this experience is opening his eyes to how much work I am doing around here. But he told me that I couldn’t die any time soon because there would be no way he could keep up, and no sane woman who would want to take on that much work! Then he looked at Mom and dubbed her insane for coming and helping us with all of the work.

It is difficult for me to be humble enough to just let those people around me serve me and my family. I think I am learning some valuable lessons and I am sure the Lord is blessing those people who selflessly serve us, with blessings that they need. Work hard and remember that the church is true. We love you and pray for you always

Love Monica and those insane members of the Woodin Nickel Ranch.

No comments: