Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Will ate a rock!

Dallan May 31 2009
My kids are out of school for the summer. Marcus has officially graduated from Kindergarten. He won an award for making the most progress in his class. Erica is eagerly anticipating her Birthday and fall when school starts and she gets to go to kindergarten. Stiles turns 8 this Friday and will be baptized on Saturday. We are planning a water birthday party on Friday for all those little kids who are his same age in our ward and neighborhood. It should be a total mess and that is the goal! Hunter looks like he was attacked by mosquitoes and the mosquitoes won! I am very tempted to stay home from church today with him because he looks almost like he has the chicken pox and might be contagious. (No neck tie for him, we wouldn’t want to spread anything) J I am pretty sure that William swallowed a rock when we were at the farm this weekend. One minute I could see that he had a rock in his mouth the next Erica said. “Mom, I think Will ate a rock.” and then for the next 10 minutes William fussed and wiggled and beat at his chest, until he produced a loud belch. We are watching to see that it makes it through his little body okay. It doesn’t help anything that he is cutting two teeth right now and has a very sore little nose. We don’t know if he is crying about his tummy, his teeth, or his nose, in any right he is not feeling so hot today.
Jon has made many repairs to our irrigation system and most of out property is getting a drink via sprinkler now. The pump still has an attitude and Jon and I walk around scratching or heads and trying to figure out what went wrong this time. The best was earlier this week when he finally got every sprinkler in the front yards going and going in the right directions after about 5 or 6 hours and was congratulating himself for being “THE MAN” and it all ran for about 4 minutes when the pump did a safety off. So Jon and I messed with it for the next 30 minutes until Jon said. “I quit” and we shut the head gates and went inside and went to bed. We have had better luck since.
Anyway I know this is short and not very entertaining but I think I got your letter last week off too late so there is a good chance you are getting a double dose from the Woodin clan. We love you and pray for you always.

One funny thing Stiles said. “Marcus, I am not getting married now, I’m going to wait until I am in High School. There are a lot more girls in High school than there is in 1st grade.”

Love Monica

2 comments:

Camille said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is SO funny! Elena tells me that she will get married when she turns 7. It's great the see a child's perception of marriage. Stiles doesn't miss much! =)

Cindy said...

Your kids are always way too funny!