Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Monday, June 8, 2009

Stiles Baptism

Dear Dallan, and all you other people,
First I must tell MJ that the best laid plans of mice and men often fall flat on their face (or something like that) I hope the rest of your moving plan works out great and that it was great to have Seth for Stiles baptism- Thanks for arranging that before you left.
Last Week I wrote about William’s eating a rock. Well we watched and waited and waited and watched and never saw the golden nugget. On top of the rock Will cut two teeth this week and we had a flu rip through our house. (Stiles was the other Victim) Jon was victimized by holding the puking William and was covered in the puke. I was Victimized by being woken up (yes I was actually asleep for a few minutes) in the middle of the night and was told that Stiles “didn’t make it to the bathroom in time” and the carpet was in need of some attention. Anyway Back to William my happy little guy was very content to cry, fuss, fever and, just lay there, and look like death all week long. Thursday night I asked Jon and his Dad to give Will a blessing and they did and then Friday rolled around and in the middle of Stiles Birthday Party we realized that William was covered in a hive like rash! After a million 7-8 year olds were chased out of my house I proceeded to put William in a bath so as to maybe help with his rash and I noticed that his diaper had something in it that could have been blood. So about then I really wigged out a little bit. Jon calmed me down and suggested we wait until William’s next diaper which I agreed too. In the mean time it was Friday evening and of course all of the Doctor’s offices were “No longer seeing anyone today” So we decided that it didn’t matter if we waited longer or not. If we decided to take him in it would have to be to the Hospital and we would have to Pay for an ER visit. So about 7 that evening Jon’s Mother came to watch the kids and Jon and I took William to the ER. And They X-rayed him and took his blood and checked his Poop and Pee and then they said “HE is fine! Just something Viral, You can give him Tylenol, Motrin, and Benadryall if you feel like it.” So we know that there is no Rock blocking anything inside my little guy and then the next day like magic because he was told he wasn’t sick anymore William perked up started eating again and playing and generally being a happy and playful kid.
I have told my kids that they may have a “friends” birthday party when they are 8, 12, and 16. So since Friday was the magic day for Stiles, We passed out invitations to two handfuls of kids in our ward and neighborhood. We planned on a yard sprinkler game party. Well it decided to rain cats and dogs and the temperatures took a dive. I had many calls from all the mommies wondering if they should send their Kiddos in swimsuits or not. I assured them that the Hot tub was part of the plan and to send their sweet babies with suits and towels. So we threw somewhere around 16 kids into the hot tub and let them jump in and out. Nanette was kind enough to bring her HUGE slip-n-slide and the rain kept coming from the sky. The Kids jumped in and out of the tub a billion times and you had better believe they dumped out half of the water and added enough dirt, grass and leaves to start a small garden. But after an hour we routed them out and sent inside for presents and cake. As soon as the presents were opened the sun came out- of course and I handed everyone a popsicle and sent them out side to wait for their mommies. 15 minutes later the party was over and I made Stiles sit down and write thank you cards. - He did not think that part was very fun and wondered why the birthday boy would be subjected to such torture. But after sitting on him and threatening to take away every one of his very cool gifts he relented and wrote in very bad handwriting thank you cards to the kids who attended his party. I know I am teaching him some thing- Like sitting on someone will get you the results you asked for.
Stiles Baptism the next morning was lovely and I am thankful to all those who made the efforts to be there and support him on his special day. The grub everyone brought was yummy too. And we stuffed ourselves in anticipation of fasting the next day. I was so proud of Stiles on Sunday when he chose to try and fast. Even though he thought He might starve to death 10 minutes after he decided to try and fast he managed to wait until after church before eating. He did get a piece of gum during Sacrament meeting and I think that helped him out.
The Mosquitoes are still out in force but the rain has kept them from biting too much if you go outside in the down pour. We had rain all last week and are suppose to receive another week full of rain. Jon has been grumbling about it since He finally got the irrigation system running and now he has not been able to use it after he spent all that time and effort on it. I am celebrating that the answer to prayers for moisture are making crops all over the area grow like weeds and the weeds are growing too. But we know how to deal with those guys! Oh the downpour/hailstorm that Camille mentioned was not as spectacular when it hit us at the Woodin Nickel but If I didn’t know how cool it was in Blackfoot I would have to tell you that it was a very violent and ferocious rain, hail, windstorm! They even did the sever weather alerts on the TV and Radio and we were all suppose to watch for Tornado type motion in the clouds. Jon was out in it trying frantically to help our neighbors get some couches they had outside -to the dryer insides of their house. When he came back he looked like he had just gotten out of the shower with all of his clothes on!
Well I think I have filled you in on all of the dumb things that have been going on here and no nothing was truly great and funny and maybe nothing worth reporting except that Stiles got baptized and now he is accountable for himself. - I hope that Jon and I have taught him enough to get him to were he needs to go.
We love you and pray for you always. Today Erica prayed that “Uncle Dallan will travel home safely on Hunters Birthday.” (FEB 10) So we will be planning a homecoming/ birthday party for you and Hunter

Love The Woodin Nickel Bunch.

No comments: