Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Sunday, May 3, 2009

June is Busting out all over!!!

Dallan, It is May! You are probably getting all geared up to celebrate cinco de Mayo. No wait I’ll bet you aren’t since the country isn’t allowed to congregate together because of the danger of spreading the swine flu. So I think we will have tacos and some chips and salsa and maybe even a breakfast burrito to celebrate for you!
This week is like most other ones. Full of a bunch of stuff that I can’t hardly remember. Our goat had her kids on Monday morning, unfortunately we missed the birth and the second baby goat died. The first one, a boy, is doing great and our goat, Chocolate, is being a great mother and making a bunch of milk. She makes about 2 times the amount of milk as the other goat does. I’ve been busy in the green house and planted a bunch of flowers so that all my barrels might have something to plant into them when it does finally get warmed up. The peas we planted two weeks ago started popping through on Friday afternoon. My kids were very jazzed. I bought them each there own hoe. And sent them to hacking at weeds around the edges of the garden. They are pretty efficient little workers. We will see how excited they are by the end of June. Speaking of June every spring when the flowers and blossoms start busting out all over I always sing in my head “June is busting out all over” And I’ll tell you what I have sung that song in my head and out loud so many times this week. There are beautiful daffodils in most parts of the yards and the tulips are starting to show their true colors. We had some great rain here on Saturday and in the middle of the week. It makes watering the garden a bit easier when you know everything is evenly watered. It had been fun turning on the rain in the green house. My kids all think it is the best thing! Imagine going into a 90 degree house and then someone turns on the sprinklers inside! It is like the fourth of July inside a house! I have had to chase Stiles out of the green house in the mornings and tell him to go get on the bus less I make him walk to school.
Jon has been busy working with MAC our 3 year old horse. Jon is working on breaking him. As part of the deal he needed to buy a horse trailer to move Mac to our friends house to use their round corral. He has been shopping for one for a long time and found one in Oakley. It was built about 1985 by the Minico Ag class. And it is a Solid trailer if some of the welds are not the most beautiful. It is a bit beat up but for being almost 25 years old it is in great shape. I think it is fun that I get to own a project done by Minico about the time I started school at Paul Elem. I wonder if anybody I know worked on this trailer? I am not sure who would have been in high school when I was 6. Anyway, cool huh.
My kids are kids. Playing in the dirt and picking dandelions to give to me. School is winding down and my boys are ready to be done for the year, but they tell me that they will miss their friends. Stiles is very disappointed that one of his best friends is moving this summer to Utah and he won’t see him again. I am sad too. I really liked the kid. He was Stiles friend in Kindergarten, and his grandparents were our over the fence neighbors when we lived in town. Stiles and he were very good friends. Or at lest he was friendly to Stiles.
I am trying to keep my house clean. But a large amount of dirt and horse poop is always getting tracked in. We keep cleaning it up though. It is not going to go away, and nobody else is volunteering to clean it up!
This Saturday was Savannahs Baptism. We tried really hard to make it work but we ended up not going. Jon’s cousin got married on Saturday as well and since they are in our ward and she married a kid, or I guess a young man from our ward, we felt very obligated to stay in Pocatello and celebrate with them. The sealing was very wonderful, as they always are. Their Sealer was our Stake president’s father and he knew most of the people in the sealing room. It was neat to hear the teachings of the temple in such a familiar atmosphere of friends and family. He told a story about how he was in a meeting with Elder Oaks and Elder Oaks opened up the meeting to questions and a brother in the back stood up and said. “I am a Seminary teacher and my students wanted me to ask you, if I got the chance , how did you get to where you are today?” Well Elder Oaks stepped back from the pulpit and told them that it was because of his Mother. He told them that when She felt like she needed something and she felt like she had done everything she could do she would go to the Lord in prayer and tell him that “He owed her one.” So then Elder Oaks gave a few Examples of him witnessing this of his Mother and then told them he Guessed his Mom had prayed him there. The point of the story was to teach us the promise the Lord gives us of if ye do what the Lord asks, HE is bound, but if ye do not ye have no promise. So Brother Loveland, The sealer, taught us that he has ever since tried to Bind the Lord but hasn’t had the guts to tell the Lord that “He owed him one.” Then he taught us that if we want all the blessings we are promised in the temple we can have them we just have to bind the Lord to them.
Anyway I want to let you know that I know the Church is true. That Christ is our Savior and President Monson is our prophet today to lead and guide this church. Work hard. We will too. Love the Woodins

No comments: