Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nov 9th 2008 primary progam

This weeks letter to my brother Dallan who is serving a mission in Mexico

Dallan Nov, 9 2008

Wow Look at that date!!! They say that as you get older the faster and faster the time goes. I am nervous about how fast the time will go 10 years from now because right now it just feels as if it is flying by! IT seem like only yesterday we all gathered together on the stairs and had our family picture taken. Now we have 5 more members in the family and you gone on a mission. That picture ends up being out dated pretty quick but it is the most up to date one we’ve got. (In Case you are wondering who the 5 new people are I thought I would list them since it took me a minute to figure it out myself. Stetson, Juliet, William, Kade, & Mckenzie.)
Anyway as far as dates go this week was full of a few important ones. We had election day and the country elected our first colored president. I hope president Obama will be able to lead this nation through all of the tough times the scriptures tell us will befall all nations. I know I would not want the job. I just thought it was a good quote from an old black lady who said “I am so proud that my country has finally grown up and can see past the color.” And it made me think of the scriptures when the Lamanites were more righteous than the Nephites. And Samuel the Lamanite prophesied on the wall the coming of our Savior. It is not a matter of color or heritage it is a matter of righteous and wickedness. I hope and pray the nation has elected a righteous leader. Enough of politics-right - We need a division of church and state right. Maybe we need to rethink that idea- hmmm…
This Sunday we had the primary program. Erica said “The prophet holds all priesthood keys.” Very beautifully into the “mic” but got nervous right at the end and covered her face as she was stepping away. Marcus was finally assigned a part yesterday and was not well prepared for his part. However he was brave and showed no fear. His part was “I am created in His image. I have a divine destiny.” He said- “I am eat-ed in his mage. I have a vine density.” I think I was one of the few who knew what he was suppose to say. But HE has to be given Kudos for being brave. Stiles sang every song with lots of enthusiasm and stayed very still in his seat- well a ton better than expected. His part was “We read the scriptures. I learn about the scriptures at home and in Primary. I have a book about Noah.” He did well- He said his part VERY fast and was stepping away from the mic on the last part but on the whole he did very well and Jon and I were quite pleased. The Nursery Teacher had a part and Hunter tuned into his voice very quickly and stood up to try and find his teacher. It was neat to see him react that way. When he did find Bro. Ward on the stand Hunter started grinning from ear to ear. He went into Nursery with no problem today. -WHEW. There is a boy in our ward named Marcus who has some learning and behavior disabilities I am not sure all of his challenges but today he played on a guitar and sang the first verse to the song “Army of Helaman.” It was very neat to watch him with all of his trials, with the help of his mom and another sister in our ward help him to perform. There were not very many dry eyes.
Jon has been horse shopping and this week bought a 2 year old horse for $200.00 He is very gentle and getting used to us. He is only halter broke so Jon and I have a lot of work to get him ready to ride but Jon is excited with the project and The boys are tickled pink with the thought of a second horse. Most of our time is being spent out in the barn. Good thing it is such an awesome barn. I was complaining to Jon that we needed to wash up all the horse poop that is in front of the barn doors so that it wouldn’t be tracked into my house. His response was “Woman, Don’t you know you live on a ranch now?” I am not convinced. I guess I will have to drag out the pressure washer if I really want it cleaned up.
William continues to cry until 11:00 pm and then sleeps until about 7 am -I am not complaining. Jon and I usually end up watching a movie or jumping into the hot tub. He is going to cry and keep us up any way we might as well do something fun. So it is almost like we are dating again. Except I still end up cooking dinner.
I am grateful that you have chosen to serve a mission. It is such an example to my boys. They miss you and ask when they can see you again. They were very concerned about getting you a Christmas present. (sorry we don’t have you until next year, you will get your gift then.) I told them we would write you a special Christmas letter. They are really influenced by your example. Work hard. The church is true. The spirit will always testify to the truthfulness of this Gospel. It is Christ’s Church. He is in charge of it. He want’s all of us to partake in its blessings. Be true.

Love Monica

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Our Primary program is next week. And who knows what will happen but the one thing you can count on is the sweet spirit these kids hold and are able to share through this program. I must admit you had me in tears when you mentioned the sweet boy in your ward I love it when children with difficulties are still able to participate. MAN!!I CAN'T STOP CRYING!!Thank You for sweetening my day!

Heather said...

That was awesome today wasn't it? I have to say I feel we are blessed with an amazing ward. I was crying before Marcus played his song, by the time he sang the first line I was nearly sobbing. I have a sister who is Autistic (he reminds me a little of her) So it means so much to me to see him loved and accepted the way he is in the ward, and to show case his talent. whew, i think I cried all my makeup off! Such a strong spirit was there today!