Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving 2008

Dallan, And all you other people

I am so glad that Sunday is now over. I was asked to teach the RS lesson. It was the talk President packer gave in April about “THE TEWLVE” I was scared spit less. I have never been so nervous in all my life. I had to go to the bathroom to try and calm myself down. In the end nobody threw rotten tomatoes and I think that we were blessed with a little bit more understanding of the Apostles. I just hope they don’t ask me to teach in RS again anytime soon.
This week is Thanksgiving. As you know Mom and Dad and Garrett are sunning themselves on some beach in Hawaii. Jon’s Mom and Dad have gone to Seattle to spend the Holiday with Jon’s two sisters who live up there. So that left Jon and I kind of Stuck. Don’t worry we are Having Jason and Nanette’s Family join us and well as Nanette’s Brother and his friend and Ed has been invited over. We are excited for the day. And Jon is all Jazzed up to cook the Turkey in the new smoker he bought a Cabela’s. So on Thursday we will all be pleasantly stuffed and will have a great need to loosen our belts. I might think for a minute that it is Seth’s birthday and have an extra slice of pie in his honor. But then again I think I would have an extra slice anyway.
Hunter is cutting his two year old molars- Ouch it can not be fun not with all the bawling and bellyaching. And he opens up wide so I can administer the nasty tasting mouth numbing stuff. And if that wasn’t the worst of it his nose would be a gold mine if Snot and buggers were worth anything. We will get through this.
William is just as cute as ever, I know you haven’t seen him yet. And I am a rotten Sister to not send you any pictures but believe me I have some coming soon. Anyway he laughs and giggles and his two dimples will steal the show any day. He is of course growing like a weed. And it makes me so sad that they don’t stay just little tiny.
Marcus is shooting up through the roof. His pants are all high waters and every time I look at him I have to do a double take to make sure he is still my kid. He is so tired all the time right now because he is growing so fast. I feel so bad when I wake him up in the morning and send him to school because I can see how exhausted he is. He is looking forward to his birthday next month and I wish I could push the pause button.
Stiles brought home his report card this last week. He is doing fine. His handwriting could use some improvement. He has some bad habits that is going to make learning cursive writing a crap shoot for him. And I am a bad Mom and don’t give him too much grief. I am just happy when we finish his homework, I am not going to get to picky about his handwriting. Stiles has learned that if he does his homework on the bus then it doesn’t cut into his play time so much. I am so grateful for this. It cuts our after school homework fight/tantrum in half.
Erica still is and always will be the princess. She loves playing mommy with her dolls and is usually carrying one around. Preschool is the delight of her week. I am glad that my turn as the teacher is over for a few months. But it is a blast having all those boys tearing through the house every week. Did I tell you her group is all boys and Erica- She is right in her element.
Jon is still loving working with the YM. And I think they enjoy having him as their BB Coach. I think he is just glad to run out of the house most evenings and go play.
Well nothing much to report. We are still just hanging out. Trying to accomplish this and that. I am glad you are my brother and I am grateful for my Savior. Work hard we will miss you and I will be sure to have some pie on Thursday just for you! Happy Thanksgiving!

Love Monica, Jonathan, Stiles, Marcus, Erica, Hunter, & William.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You better have two Turkeys if you are having Nanette over. LOL! (she is eating for three!lol.