Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Monday, October 12, 2009

Wyatts blessing

Dallan,
WE pulled off another baby blessing and nobody got hurt. We missed you and your ewok. But all in all everybody brought great food. We all ate too much. And I need to clean my house really bad now. (sounds a bit like a trip to powell).
In other news our last FHE got cut a bit short when Hunter burned his arm really bad on the hot cookie sheet. I tell you that boy is a walking hazard area. The cookies were good though and we did eat them all up for desert.
Will is shifting into real walking mode. He has decided that he can take some steps and is pretty successful with about 3-4 at a time. He won’t walk between Jon and I like most little kids but will walk in pursuit of a toy. When he does venture to take steps he usually starts giggling so hard I think that is the main reason why he falls down. I did catch him once this week stand up in the middle of a room without an help. I don’t think he realized that he did it. Will continues to check the potties to make sure there is water inside them and then proceeds to TP the bathrooms. He has almost figured out how to come down the stairs but someone has to line him up backwards and pull him down off of the top stair then he les gravity do the rest.
For Wyatt’s blessing I decided to crochet a blessing blanket for him instead of get him his own outfit. ( he can borrow one of his brothers right!?!) Do you know how many times I came back to my crochet project and found that William or Hunter or even Erica had decided to mess with it and pulled out all of the stitches I had done the last hour I had worked on it! It probably helped to make the blanket better than it would have been otherwise but I was frantically trying to finish the blankey on Saturday evening. But I got it done and I hope it will survive so that Wyatt will have it when he has a chance to bless his own babies.
Erica - cut her hair! School pictures are on Wednesday! I seem to see a repeating pattern in my life. She was trying to cut out the elastic hair tie that was in her hair and cut a little lock of hair out with the elastic. No body can see I readily unless they try to do her hair. I tell my kids almost daily- You can cut and glue and color all you want and whatever you want as long as you do it in the kitchen. I found the scissors and hair in Erica’s closet. Such is life.
Parent teacher conferences went well. The school is not treatening to kick my kids out and the teachers all said that my kids create no problems in the class room. On visiting Marcus’s class room I found out why his attentions have shifted away from Little Kenadi Austin to Danielle Ward, Another little girl in our ward who lives just down on the corner. Danielle and Marcus sit right next to each other in class. And I’m pretty sure Danielle has a bit of a crush. The other day she made her mom bring her over so she could give ‘something’ to Marcus. I don’t know what it was and neither did her mom. I don’t think Marcus will ever stay home from a girl ask guy dance in high school.
This week we had a talent show for our ward Party. They were not having much luck getting people to sign up for the show. So On a whim I signed up Myself and my friend Heather. We did a lipsync to the hilarious song “cleaning gets old” which Sara tipped us off to in an email about 6 weeks ago. We included our oldest children in the skit. Their job was to be themselves and make a mess of the stage. Our first run though was cut off very early when a huge Santa clause doll sailed over Heather and I’s heads and off the stage onto the floor of the gym. We then gave our children specific things they were to mess up and that throwing anything was just not allowed. We got quite a few giggles and we had a very fun time.
Trevors Wedding reception was this weekend and I took Wyatt and went. Jon stayed home with the rest of the kids. It was a very lovely reception and It was a delight to see and visit with cousins from both the Woodland and Wall side of the family.
Well I must go and clean some parts of my house even though ‘cleaning get’s old’ somebody has got to do it and it seems I am the only one who does.
The church is true. Families are central to the plan. I love my family and I am pleased that you get to be part of my family. sorry if you don’t feel the same way but you can’t pick your relatives, so the best you can do is just put up with us.
Love Monica and the rest of the little people at the Woodin Nickel.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Let me just say, I'm so happy I have you as my friend. Saturday was a blast! You rock!