Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Monday, October 19, 2009

Family pictures

Dallan, October 18th 2009
Well Wyatt decided to wake up and eat this week. I have spent most of my time this week sitting in a chair trying to feed him. I am not complaining. Last Sunday I was really beginning to worry since he did not seem to be putting on weight. ( I am but he wasn’t). I thought that I was going to get away with not every doing the formula bottle this time with Wyatt but not so. I have had to give him several bottles a couple times a day to get him to the next feeding. But the results are that this week he is definitely a bigger baby than he was last week
William has finally learned and mastered a new trick. He ca go DOWN the stairs. He is loving his newfound mobility. He was teasing me on the stairs this morning acting making sure I watched him as he backed up over the edge and proceeded down to the basement. His walking is still not anywhere close to in the works yet but I did catch him standing up in the middle of the driveway. I think he himself was kind of shocked when he realized what he had done and then he carefully lowered himself back down to the pavement.
Erica managed to cut herself right above her eyebrow this morning. If it had been any bigger we probably would have decided she would need a stitch. But as it was, we just glued it back together with some over the counter liquid bandage stuff. I think it will heal up nicely. I am grateful that it happened after we finished with school pictures and our family pictures. I am a sucker for making sure my daughter looks her best at all times.
Marcus told Jon today that he wanted to play soccer. Jon was pretty shocked with this idea since he has said many times that he wants to play football and begs Jon to play catch with him with the football. So Jon starting questioning Marcus about his sudden change of desired sport and Marcus replied “ You can REALLY get hurt in football.” That son of mine is no dummy and has been paying close attention.
Stiles made me laugh really hard the other day. He had some funny teeth since Halloween is drawing close. The teeth were chocolate and were soon eaten but then he came in with silly chocolate eyeballs and placed them in front of his own eyes and smiled and I realized that his real teeth were more crazy that the silly chocolate teeth he had just finished eating. I couldn’t help thinking to myself. “My son has ‘bubba teeth!’” The orthodontist is going to have his work cut out for him when Stiles gets enough permanent teeth to start wearing braces.
We dug up the carrots and onions this week and cleaned out the garden of everything that could mess up the roto-tiller and we are ready to put it all to bed and let it snow. The Carrots with our Sunday dinner today were EXCELLENT!
I mentioned before that we had family pictures this week and Jon deserved a great big gold star on his forehead for being a good sport. We did the pictures here in our yard and our photographer just loved our property and begged me to let her bring her clients out for their photo shoots. She said that she is willing to pay me to use the yard. I just want her to do my future pictures for Free. We will have to see what kind of an arrangement can be made. Anyway so she will have my pictures back in about a week. I am very excited and I hope we got one good shot of the majority of us looking at the camera.
Well it is late and I have another full day tomorrow and probably a sleepless night tonight so I bet go get after it. We love you and pray for you always.
Love Monica and the posse at the Woodin Nickel

No comments: