Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Sunday, October 4, 2009

conference and cold weather

Dallan, this week has flown by and I can not recall most of what I did or rather did not do. I did pick grapes and make grape juice. I did not stay on top of my laundry, and will have to pay the piper on that one tomorrow. The Kids did not have school on Thursday or Friday and drove me batty. I sent them to bed early. Hunter decided that it would be great fun to break a light fixture to pieces and that required me to bring out my handy shop vac to pick up all of the pieces of glass. I did manage to cut Stiles and Marcus’s hair but in doing so I plugged the drain with hair- the shop vac fixed that problem. The toilet in the main part of the house keeps on getting plugged- I think William deposited something into that toilet that is giving us woes. It has turned cold and rainy and even a bit snowy here in Pocatello. I had to harvest all of my tomatoes at once and then let mother nature kill the rest of my garden- I did not cry. I have 4 flats of tomatoes ripening in my kitchen and have plans to turn it into spaghetti sauce later this week. Wyatt is growing like a baby should and crying in the night like every baby does. The alarm clock seem to go off earlier and earlier every day especially now that the days are getting shorter and the sun rises later and later in the morning.
I really enjoyed Conference I was very impressed with Elder Hollands Testimony of the Book of Mormon. I don’t know how it could be put forth to the world any plainer of the truth of the book. His words were so powerful and to the point I hope that as his testimony is translated into all of the different languages the powerful message of his words does not get lost. His words make me want to spend all my time reading that wonderful book. I also enjoyed Elder Bednar’s talk about being consistent with our children. I think Jon and I really needed that reminder. I needed to know that FHE, scripture study and prayers in the home of one of the apostles was perhaps not all the time reverent and even chaotic at times. I know that it is usually not a spiritually uplifting experience for us, Jon and I are usually just grateful we got through it and nobody was hurt. So with a new determination to be Consistent in our FHE and Scripture study and prayers we will sally forth with “He’s touching me and breathing my air” and just keep at it if we can. President Monson’s words to serve were wonderful to hear and I hope that I can be a better servant to those around me. (I do feel like the slave most of the time, and my kids are sure I am the slave driver) My kids loved that President Monson has a huge jar full of warm fuzzies and wanted to know how they can get their own jar of warm fuzzies. Perhaps we will have to make it part of FHE tomorrow night.
Well I need to go. We love you and pray for “Uncle Dallan on his mission” always. We miss you and love you and look forward to Feburary when we can all play together again. There are quite a few people who would like to meet their awesome uncle Dal. I’ve got two of them and so does Crystal and MJ. Dan has snuck one in as well as Camille and Seth. So if I am counting correctly that is 9 new people. That is our whole family! Keep working hard! The church is true!
Love Monica, Jon, Stiles, Marcus, Erica, Hunter, William, &Wyatt.

1 comment:

Belinda Corp said...

I got a good chuckle out of yur pictures of sleeping Will and truck driving Hunter. I think your life must never be slow or dull. Love Mom