Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

LIVING RIGHT

LIVING RIGHT

So I was Outside doing yard work, Actually I was trying to figure out the confounding water issues we have…but that in and of itself is a very different story. Anyway I was outside and I looked down and saw a very dirty and rusty looking key. I took two steps past it and then decided that even though It was on the ground and a pregnant woman bending over and picking anything off of the ground is not only really funny to watch but usually causes pain and discomfort to the pregnant woman. I decided that I had better pick up the key seeing how the entire everything we have has locks on it and the keys often are no where to be found when needed and who knows what this key may or may not go to. So after bending myself over and with a few grunts and huffs and puffs I retrieved the key from the ground and deposited it into my pocket. I went the rest of the day and didn’t give the key in my pocket a second thought.

At the end of the day I was very much in need of a shower- Big pregnant lady + hot day in the yard= smelly person. So I stripped myself down to my birthday suit and was heading into my bathroom when My dear sweet Husband opened the door to abandon the bathroom and the smell that was wafting with him was enough to make a skunk scurry away holding his breath. I quickly reached into the toxic Zone turned on the Fan and shut the door tight. I then declared despite my nakedness that I would wait 5 minutes to take a shower because I was fearful that if I stepped into my bathroom I might leave the bathroom smelling worse than when I went in. Jon just kind of giggled, and sang a little jingle about making a “poopy” and crawled into bed and started reading his book. (yes he can read, shocking but that is not the point of this story) So I waited around until I had decided that the fan had perhaps detoxified the bathroom and when to open the door.

IT WAS LOCKED!

JON LAUGHED!

I threw a bathrobe around my large pregnant smelly self and went to find the box that holds a collection of at least 5 dozen keys. When I returned to my bathroom door I proceeded to try every one of those keys and guess what. Not one key worked!

JON LAUGHED! AGAIN!

Now I know I could go and shower in a different bathroom in my house but With my increasing waistline I have also found that I need to get up in the middle of the night and be friendly with my toilet and increasing number of times in the middle of the night. And as Jon was sitting in our bed giggling to himself And I KNOW it was NOT about the book he was reading, I yelled some sort of guilt trip ridden words about how he can get up and help me figure out how to open the door.

Then I thought about the rusty dirty key that I had put in my pants pockets early that morning and decided that since I had tried every other key I could get my hands on I should at least give this one a try. So I dug it out of my pants and took it to the door and just as Jon was getting up to do “something” (don’t ask me what he was going to try- I don’t think anybody knows) I put the key in the hole and unlocked the door!

Jon was so relieved to go back to reading his book and when I told him that I picked up this rusty old key outside this morning, He said “ Well you must be living right!”

Weather I am living right or not I thought it was one heck of a story.

Monica

2 comments:

Cindy said...

What a cute Story!

RaelynB. said...

Like I've said before Monica - You can write about anything and its cute, funny or just good entertainment. I REALLY think you need to make a collection and do a book. It would be a best seller. women everywhere, especailly mom's like us, would buy it and love it. Great bathroom story - you must be living right.