Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Sunday, July 19, 2009

HOT HOT HOT

Dallan July 19 2009 HOT HOT HOT!

Well this week started out like any other week. The first thing Stiles did on Monday morning was get in a fight with the recliner and the recliner hit back and broke one of his permanent teeth. The Dentist was kind enough to see me right away and filled in his tooth and demanded a wad of cash in return. And the week just got more and more fun.
We spent a good portion of the beginning of the week in preparation for the family camping trip. It is a good thing the camper was still basically packed from our 4th of july trip else I don’t think I would have survived the preparatory measures that need to be taken for such an outing. Just when food, Clothes, extra pillows for me, and the wading pool were all on board we were ready for the hottest camping trip of our lives. Massacre Rocks is probably a neat place to camp in June or September but in Mid July it should be listed as cruel and unusual punishment. The wading pool, and river did help to make little kids not so fussy and a trip over to Indian springs pool was awesome. The freezer in the camper stocked with otter pops helped to soothe. But nothing could make us want to soak up anymore rays than necessary. We were hiding under every bit of shade we could find and the air conditioned campers were frequented by most. Jon was reading a book and hardly left our climate controlled unit except to fish with Stiles in the early morning or in the later evening. My Kids did all deem the trip as “fun” and wanted to know when we could go camping again.
I racked my brains yesterday, and believe me there are not many brain cells to rack of late, as I was trying to mentally list a few humorous things to share with you. And I got to admit that for the most part I came up with nothing! Either things are not funny when the temperatures in Idaho turn this HOT. OR my pregnant self does not find things funny of late. Or more than likely I just can’t remember anything anymore.
Camille did write and sing a very funny song about our family and we got to hear it at the family campout. She had better send out the words to everybody. Believe me the verse about you had us all laughing and the one about me could not hardly be more true!

The Church is true and we pray for you always. The Kids are always asking when you will come home. They are sure you have been gone for long enough by now. We are just waiting until it is the coldest month in Idaho before we snatch you back from a nice warm climate so as to adequately shock your system back into the real world with the rest of us.

Love Monica, The baby making factory! And the rest of the WOODIN NICKELS

1 comment:

RaelynB. said...

Hey Monica. Your camping trip sounds really hot! I'm glad you survived, even if it was just barely. You're right - Masacre Rocks is not ideal in July. ha ha. HOpe you all are doing well. Have a great day!