Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I've got nothin' this week Feb 22 2009

Hey here is this weeks letter to my brother!

Dear Dallan
Once again it has come time for me to tell you something Hilarious that has happened to yours truly. I got to be honest I’ve … I’ve got nothing this week. I have spent as much time as I possibly could hiding in bed or huddled up next to the toilet. And magically even though I have spent long amounts of time with my toilet it still needs to be cleaned.
We added a new member to our family this week. No I am not having twins- at least I don’t think I am. My vacuum cleaners have died and have been hauled away. It had been almost a month since any halfhearted vacuuming or any other type of cleaning has occurred at my house. So After some research and a bit of shopping I brought home a dyson vacuum cleaner. It was not cheep but I managed to get it for a fairly good deal because Sears was having their Presidents day sale and Then I had a coupon for $25 bucks off. So the $400.00 price tag was drug down to $334.00 including tax. Yes I will take a bow for once again successfully spending Jon’s hard earned money! Now some people suffer something called buyers remorse. Not this lady! I do not feel one drop of guilt for any one of those red cents I spent. THAT VACUUM REALLY SUCKS! I am jazzed and my house has almost gotten clean. And then Hunter woke up! Well better luck next time.
Jon and I have the joined the ranks of COSTCO card holders. It seams crazy to give the store money just so you can shop in their store and spend more money. Jon ranted and raved about how stupid people really were and who would fall for such a gimmick. And when I really questioned him on it he said “The whole idea is genius, I wish I were that guy who thought of it.” So since then we have been shopping and buying in bulk. The sample tables are Jons favorite part and the kids stay in tow so as to get the next treat.
Jon has been industrious and built a desk for his office so that I might have the folding tables back. (I threaten him with going to the store and buying some new tables so I could have some) The desk has turned out beautiful and well over budget. Jon had no idea how expensive Formica is or that it only comes in certain sized sheets. We built the desk just half an inch too big for the smaller sheets. We had to buy a big sheet and jigsaw things around. All in all it was a good learning experience. Jon and I had a heck of a time picking out the Formica. We would get all settled on a color and then he would change his mind. He kept on calling me back asking me to pick out something different. OVER AND OVER AND OVER. I finally asked him what he was looking for he said “I’m not sure, just pick out something I will like.” So I did. And he hemmed and hawed about it and kept on asking for some thing different and I finally told him that I had picked it out and I would not look at any more color chips. If he hated it he could blame me all of our lives or. He could pick out something and then blame himself. He went with the color I choose and He is falling in love with it. Every time he comes out of his office he is smiling and says “Oh I like that desk.” “Oh that desk is growing on me.” See I am the master. Now if he will just back off and let me paint the Kitchen the way I want instead of insisting I listen to his opinion we might eventually get that project done.
So lets see we got a vacuum this week and Jon finished building his desk. Hunter made unbelievable messes. The Laundry is backed up and to the ceiling. Jon sold the horse we got for free for $150.00 to some guy in Burley. The school is still letting my boys attend. Jon stays busy with his calling. And I have my first Doctors appointment on Tuesday morning. The same time that Crystal has her appointment- go figure. Anyway William is crying so I had better go see what he needs.

We love you
Monica, Jon and KIDS to the 6th power

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Costco card members... You guys are really living the life now!lol
We had a membership for the longest time and then we haven't had the money to re-new our membership but would love to join up again.
It sounds like you are keeping Jon on his toes and we love you for it!
Have a great day!