Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Monday, December 8, 2008

Up to the shoulder blades

I realize that I messed up in my letter to Dallan and did not inform everyone of my "GOLDEN" experience that happened on Sunday. (Feel free to LAUGH OUT LOUD) While we were sitting in Sacrament meeting and enjoying the testimonies William let out a loud and juicy sounding sound. I could feel the movement of his little body because he was as most babies are seated snugly in Mommy's lap. I knew this was more than just a smigie of a mess and started to gather the necessary items. I then could smell the tell tell odor and leaned over to My dear sweet Jon and informed him of my intention to escape with the baby. I hitched the diaper bag over my shoulder and swept out of the chapel. Halfway down the hall I looked down at my dear William and instantly realized that continuing to cuddle the little guy was not a good idea and immediately began holding him at arms length so as not to smear any goods. Once inside the ladies room the mommy who was already changing her dear precious saw my gooey predicament and instantly snatched her baby from the changing table. Some might say she was trying to be nice but I am sure she was more concerned with getting out the path of destruction. I layed my baby down and then proceeded to wash myself down first so as to not smear more items with the golden stuff. after I ascertained that I was no longer a threat to the sanitation of the room I began removing the gooey clothing from my son. He giggle and cooed at me while I continued to throw everything in a gratefully close sink. After using half of my diaper bag's stash of wet bum wipes and having to wash clear up to Williams shoulders and all the way down to his feet (yes even his socks did not make it out without a battle wound) I proceeded to clean up the changing table. Most the paper towels on the roll went towards this effort and then we were finally clean. All I had was a pair of sleeper Pajamas with Christmas Choo choo trains on them. -They seemed like a blessing. After carefully diapering (and I did for a moment deliberate if I should diaper with Hunter's larger size diaper should there be more poop in store) and dressing my smiley baby. I proceeded to wash out the offending clothing. I normally would have just attempted to deal with it at home but there was just TOO MUCH. After making a mess of yellow in the sink and on the surrounding counter top another sister entered with her little girl, on seeing the mess I had made they quickly excused themselves with excuses like they really didn't have to go (yeh right she was like 8 months pregnant!) and they left. As I was cleaning I realized that all though Wills vest didn't make it through the ordeal totally unscathed it would not be horrible to put it back on him over his Jammies and make him look a bit more dressed up. So I slapped the vest on him, put all the rest of the wet drippy, and still quite golden after much scrubbing, clothes in a plastic bag which I shoved to the bottom of the diaper bag in hopes that it would not wiggle itself back out before we got home. I cleaned the bathroom sink and counter the best I could with the remaining paper towels on the roll and headed back to sacrament meeting. Well to make matters worse we of course were early to the meeting to get a good seat and the door to the chapel is not in the back but rather in the front (stupid design!!) and as I tried to make it back to my seat I could not escape the notice of most of the family who instantly burst into quite fits of laughter and giggles in knowing that William had a blow-out. Well now they know ALL the details. HOPE I MADE YOU LAUGH!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I sure hope he got the spoon when he got home. LOL! He is too old to be sputtering out his diaper.I only think it's funny because it has happened to me before. Except I have never really been prepared with extra clothes. so we wrap up in blankets and tend to run home for an extra supply.

Shawna said...

It must be your chapel, cause' when we visited for will's blessing Brianna did the same thing. Luckily Marshall was holding her and I had a tide to go pen. White shirts and yellow poop aren't exactly coordinating. She also came back to sacrament in some cute jammies.

Julie said...

Have I ever told you that you are an awesome story teller. I felt like I was there. My place of course was the family that was laughing. Laughing with you of course not at you. I love your description because I can totally relate. Oh, and I hope your shin gets better. I've been a klutz my whole life and when it becomes so ordinary it is hard to get attention. So if you need some one to bellyache to give me a call.