Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Friday, December 19, 2008

BLEHK

SO the vomit bug has shown his ugly face at our house. First it was Erica on the way to the ward party and then again at the ward party. Hunter was hit next in the middle of the night and the next morning a few minutes before the school called and asked me to come get Marcus who then spent the rest of the day in bed or on the bathroom floor. Just when I thought we were mostly past this demon Hunter spilled his guts again-thankfully on the kitchen floor. After all of this mayham I needed a long hot bath. I had just settled in with a good book and strict instructions to my kids that I was not to be bugged unless someone was bleeding. Less than 5 minutes into my bath I was called out. Hunter was not bleeding but had stuck his hand into the toaster, While it was on. So he had burned his little fingers. Not to bad- no emergency room but definitely painful little blisters. He is tough. After a while I decided that since my bath was ruined and the temperature was now not as hot as I would like it I threw my Hunter in much to his delight. The water relived the pain in his hand, and much to my delight he quit crying. Where is Jon in all of this-HUNTING.

3 comments:

Camille said...

At least it all happened BEFORE Christmas, right. I just hope we didn't carry it to my house! That should teach Hunter not to try to toast his own hands again - bread is better!

Cindy said...

I am speechless! Maybe next time you should wait until hunter is sleeping before you take a bath.lol

Geologycowgirl said...

It seems your kids have an unnatural talent to burn themselves. Remember Marcus' hand in the fire pit. i agree that count your blessings that this is all happening before Christmas. Hopefully your flu bug will be all gone by the time you see the familiy for christmas.