Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Herman's gettin' a beatin'

Dallan

So I am in trouble here it is Late Tuesday night and I am finally writing my dear missionary brother a letter of course you will not have a Pday and be able to read this until Monday at which time I will be sunning my white body on the beaches of Maui. Anyway enough of my plans to escape the negative degree weather and the white snowy slick roads for something warmer. I need to tell you something to make you smile and not remind you of the heat trap you find yourself in in Mexico. Well here it goes.
Ever since I fell the down the stairs in my fuzzy pink bathrobe and slippers. (you will remember the story from about 2 months ago) my back has been in pain. A weird pain. It hurt in one little spot on my spine right where they gave me my epidural when I had William. But that one little spot was making my quite miserable. So I asked Mom what she would do. After some discussion and planning and conniving she sent me her Christmas present of a back massaging chair. With the idea that I could use it for these next few days before she came to take care of my kids and then she could take it back with her. Anyway Mom instructed me to only sit in it for about 20 minutes. Well I sat down in it and watched a 30 minute TV program. And then later that Day I watched American Idol for an hour and then the hour long show on after that. So in total I had the chair rubbing my back for 2 and a half hours all in about 6 hours of time. Well I’ll tell you what. My spine no longer hurt, but for the next two days it felt like somebody had taken a two by four and beaten me all up and down my back.

I have not sat in the chair since.

Love you lots hope I made you smile

Monica

3 comments:

Camille said...

Yeah, those chairs can do that to you. The trick is to actually sit in them again the next day even though you are really sore and then the day after that, you feel really good. But hey, maybe it will add a little black and blue to your white body for your trip to Hawaii! =)

Cindy said...

That's funny! So what you are telling us is that even though we are grown and have our own families we should still listen to our parents?lol.

Julie said...

Aloha,
I hope you have a blast in Hawaii. Take lots of pictures since your vacation is our vacation. To make us feel good we'll just borrow a couple of pictures and dub our faces onto them.