Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Monday, November 16, 2009

the white stuff

Dallan, Nov 16 2009
the white stuff fell this weekend. The kids pulled out all of their snow gear and played outside until wet, cold, and soggy. Then they came in and demanded hot cocoa. I obliged. Let me see we did a crazy swap of vehicle and furniture this week in connection with Camille and mom. Millie and I feel like we spent most of the week driving all over eastern Idaho. The Kids were very ready to be out the car as well. We had a good time with mom and accomplished a few of the things we were hoping to. -we had a LONG list. We had fun. IT was a bummer when the day got over and I had to pack up my munchkins and head for home but I feel blessed that I can see my family in not too long of a drive.
Our Americana Chickens have started to lay their Eggs. They lay green eggs- hence DR Seuss book “green eggs and ham.” There really are green eggs! Who knew? Anyway Jon brought in the first egg and held it up to my kitchen wall- remember I painted my kitchen green. And guess what- they are the EXACT same color. So Then Jon made some snide remark about the next time I say “Lets just paint this room egg shell” He will have to say “no, he doesn’t want another green room!” CHEEKY!
Jon has been working hard and working lots-at hunting. He tells me he is not getting adequate time on the river up in his tree stand. I think he is just jealous that his brother Jason, who has never really bow hunted before shot a doe out of Jon’s tree stand the first time he ever sat in it, and took the doe at ten yards! JON left VERY early this morning to sit in a tree stand again. I hope he gets one soon so that he will quit hunting. I didn’t realize that hunting was in the bargain when I said yes to that man. But I am sure there are things about me that Jon is not sure he loves that were thrown into the bargain as well. Pres. Hinkley said something to the effect that Marriage is mutual toleration at best.
Well I know this is short but nothing blew up this week and if it did and I can’t remember I will plead that it happens so often now I just let them all fade into the background and try not to remember how awful it was because it might make me be angry or upset when I really can’t do anything about it except clean up the mess and move on.
We love you very much and we are excited to have Uncle Dallan on a mission. We pray for you always and encourage you to work hard. We will miss you for Christmas but we will have one heck of a groundhog day!
Love you so Much, Monica and the Woodin Nickel Knuckle Heads!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I can't believe how fast your family is growing. We miss you guys tons! I hope you have a great day.