Our Handful of Children

Hunter, William, and Wyatt

Sunday, November 1, 2009

getting trunky

Dallan, Nov 1 2009 I believe you are getting close to major countdown mode. Is not tomorrow your 20 month anniversary date? Now don’t get TRUNKY! Whatever that means. Let me see I am running out of weeks were I will have a very good excuse to entertain the masses. Or rather When Jon asks what I am doing on “HIS” computer I will not be able to say “Writing my dear missionary Brother a letter.--GO AWAY JON!” Currently when this conversation happiness he usually rolls his eyes and asks if he can jump on the computer just to check scores for a minute. I reply with some speech about how if I let him then HE would be hindering the work of the Lord by not allowing my to buoy up my little brother whilst he is doing his missionary service. Then He pleads again to see the scores and I move aside for a moment so he can check and I call him the agent of the devil or some other thing. He checks to see that sure enough -His team is still losing. When you come home I will not be able to continue to hog his computer on Sunday afternoons like I have been able to these past 2 years.
Okay on to news- On Thursday William decided that he had had enough of eating everyone’s dust and stood up and started walking. He does walk much like a drunken sailor though and I am often humming the tune in my head when I watch him he does revert back to crawling when he is in a hurry but his sea legs are getting used to walking with every step- now I just have to get him to wear shoes.
We have been with out properly working potties in our house for about a month courtesy of William and a bit of Hunter who always is willing to dive into a mess of fun if it involves making a mess. Well Jon wanted to go Hunting to Montana this week and I told him he was not allowed to go until my Potties were properly working and the leak under the sink was getting worse by the minute and I needed that fixed too. So he bought a potty snake at the local home depot and got the main potty regular again, previously it was backed up with a domino game piece that involved a total bowl removal and some toilet surgery to dislodge the stuck 5X5. He took apart my sink and while I installed a Garbage disposal ( yes this granddaughter of a plumber did it!) Jon tore the master potty off of the hole and did some work on that… And guess what we found blocking our path to smooth flushes. A TOY CAR! About the size of your hand. This particular car was a replica of the car from the PIXAR movie “CARS” We decided it was best to throw away DOC HUDSON the Hudson hornet, Marcus was pretty sad -it was HIS toy. The best part was that we had to get Stiles to help us dislodge the toy because Jon and I’s fingers were too big to fit in the hole and pull out the car But Stiles prevailed and now our plumbing problems are solved. However I still need to hook up the electrical to the Garbage disposal- we have to rip out the dishwasher to do that and that was too much for one night.
JON did get a doe while hunting in Montana- That is about all I know, He took it with his bow, and enjoyed his trip with his buddies.
For Halloween Erica was a butterfly fairy Princess. I think she announced to the world the she was “SO BEAUTIFUL” about 300 times last night. She is pretty miserable today. I think that she is allergic to the makeup I put on her and her eyes have been watering ALL DAY LONG! Oops. Stiles chose to be a werewolf and Marcus was Spiderman. Hunter was a COWBOY and William an pumpkin. Wyatt was a dinosaur and Jon went as a construction worker with 6 kids and a tired wife who was dressed as the maid.
I got our family pictures back this week from my photographer and she got a couple of good shots of our family- It is hard with 6 little kids- and Jon. So you can expect to see something cool about Christmas time. By the way I have you this year. WHAT DO YOU WANT? No matter I’ll give you what ever I WANT to give you. HA HA.
The Church is true. The Book of Mormon is true. Joseph Smith is a true prophet and restored the gospel. Pres Monson is our prophet today . And Christ is our Savior. We Love you - Work hard the field is White.
Love Monica and the messy kids at the Woodin Nickel.- oh and Jon too.

No comments: